Listen to this podcast: “Legacy Therapy Podcast” Planning a Stress-Free Legacy
With: host Stacey Golden-Lisnock and special guest Tatyana Bunich
Episode: Essential Pre-Death Tax Tips
Planning a Stress-Free Legacy
Tatyana Bunich joins the “Legacy Therapy” podcast to explore the unintended consequences that can come when someone receives a large inheritance after a family member passes away. Many people choose to have as little withheld as possible when they receive the money… and then are in for a nasty surprise when tax season comes around and they owe hundreds of thousands of dollars. Listen below, just press play!
In this episode, Tatyana Bunich and Stacey Golden-Lisnock discuss:
- Essential pre-death tax tips.
- Large inheritances and the unfortunate circumstances that can sometimes follow.
- A look at the TAX part of an estate.
- The ins and outs of inheriting homes, money, etc.
- If there’s no fighting or disagreements, you’re still looking at a minimum of 6 months before the beneficiary receives what was left to them.
- Often times, due to poor planning, the beneficiary can be an ex-spouse if they never took the time to update it.
- The importance of understanding what potential mistakes are in your estate because you don’t know any better and/or lack the proper guidance.
TALK TO US ABOUT PLANNING YOUR ESTATE